Personal, Family and Couples Counseling
Children and Adolescent Counseling
Welcome! The counselors at BBCS Counseling Services are active members of the American and New Jersey Counseling Associations, the American and New Jersey Mental Health Counselors’ Associations, the National Career Development Association and the New Jersey Mental Health Counselors’ Task Force Committee for Managed Care.
Our Board Certified Mental Health Professionals
Specialize In the Following Counseling Services:
- Individuals, Couples and Families Counseling
- Counseling for Children from Age 3 and up, Adolescents, Young Adults
- Stress Management Counseling
- Depression Counseling
- Anger Counseling
- Separation and Divorce Counseling
- Corporate, Job and Workplace Counseling
- Counseling for Codependency Issues
- Grief Counseling
- Counseling due to Medical Issues and Chronic Illness
- Intimacy Issues Counseling
- Counseling for Women’s and Men’s Issues
- Learning Disabilities and ADD (adult and child) Counseling
- Communication Skills Counseling
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Counseling
- Counseling for Congitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and other approaches
Individual, Family & Couples Counseling
The mental health, personal counselors at BBCS Counseling Services are Nationally Board Certified (NCCs) and Licensed Professional Counselors (LPCs), Ph.Ds and Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs). Our counselors use a caring, holistic approach when counseling clients in the area of individual, marital counseling, family counseling, and career counseling. The counselors practice in both the Freehold and Cranford offices, covering many counties in New Jersey.
Executive Director, Beverly Baskin, and her staff have over twenty years experience counseling individual and corporate clients. BBCS Counseling accepts most insurance based clients and their networks.
BBCS Participates in Most Insurance Plans for Personal Counseling
Our professional counselors have had great success with couples counseling. Interventions are developed to foster teamwork in the couple or marital relationship. Through couples counseling, the couple decides on a workable plan to continue the marriage and learn how to build trusting, caring behaviors. There are also occasions in which counselors help couples separate in an amiable manner.
Some of the clinical counseling issues that our practice helps clients to address include:
- Relationship enhancement
- Low self-esteem
- Alcohol and substance abuse
- Career and vocational direction and indecision
- Career testing
- Problems in the workplace
- Adult transitions
- Shyness and loneliness
- Learning disabilities
The staff includes Licensed Professional Counselors, Licensed Social Workers, Licensed Clinical Psychologist and Licensed Therapists that also specialize in Grief Counseling and Child and Adolescent Counseling.
Children, Adolescents and their Families
We have counselors who specialize in working with young children, school age children, teens and college age students. Sessions are scheduled individually and/or with the family. Appointments can be made during the week, in the evenings and on weekends.
Counseling is about loss and how we need to grieve in order to start recovery and acceptance. Your loved ones are worth grieving for and at BBCS our counselors understand that and help you to process the grief in a healthy way and in a way that celebrates the person, as well as life itself.
Grief counseling also is indicated in the breakup of a relationship, a marriage, and even a job or a career. It is adjusting to a new way of life which takes time
and the help of talking with a trained male or female therapist who really understands what you are going through.
As accomplished professional public speakers, instructors and workshop facilitators, Beverly Baskin and her associates are frequently asked to speak at National Conferences. Recent topics included:
- Dual Career Couples – Facing the Stress of Success.
- Self Esteem Enhancement for Unity and Personal Growth.
- Depression, Lifting the Spirits and Breaking Free of Negative Patterns to Feel Good Again.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) in the Treatment of Women in Recovery.
- Making the Correct Vocational Choice.
- Enhancing Your Personal Career Vision.
Career Counseling requires a trained specialist in the field and Beverly and Mitch Baskin provide career counseling, career testing, career coaching and professional resume writing for all levels. Beverly’s certifications for Career Counseling include the following: National Certified Career Counselor (NCCC), Master Career Counselor (MCC). And Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW). Beverly is also a Licensed Certified Mental Health Counselor.
Please visit our career counseling website: www.baskincareer.com
OFFICES & CONTACT
Book an Appointment
BBCS Counseling Services maintains two offices in New Jersey.
BBCS is in network with most insurance companies for personal counseling.
Freehold Executive Center
4400 Route 9 South Suite 1000
Freehold, NJ 07728
(Just South of Wegman’s Shopping Center)
Mack-Cali Corporate Center
20 Commerce Drive Suite 135
Cranford, NJ 07016